Ray Smith- NLH Director, Basketball Player Development Coach
Coach Ray Smith is dedicated and passionate about helping youth excel within a
positive learning framework.
He focuses on individual development and growth through the instruction of high
- Current Assistant Men's Basketball Coach at the Rochester Institute of
- 3 yr Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach at SUNY Oswego
- 1999-2000 SUNYAC Men’s Basketball conference leader in assists
- Permanently certified New York State School Counselor
Coach Smith says, "I am very confident that I can help any young person who is
willing to put in the time and effort as well as listen, become a substantially better
basketball player. I am inspiring, creative and skilled in what I do."
Gabriel Marshal- Basketball Skills Trainer/Shooting Coach
- Graduated from West Irondequoit High School in 2000 where the same year
he was named All Greater Rochester first team
- Played two seasons at Mercer County Community College in West Windsor,
NJ. As a two-year starter at MCCC earned all-conference and all-state first
- From 2002-2004, Marshall captained Daemen College and as a senior, led the
Wildcats in scoring and to the NAIA Elite 8. He earned team Most Improved
Player honors and All-American Mideast Conference honors
- Received his master’s degree in counselor education at SUNY Brockport in
- Currently serves as the director of Nazareth College's HEOP program
Coach Marshall can be frequently heard inspiring our players to, "keep your elbow
over your eyebrow to get your arc up".